Our Commitment to Enhanced Care
Lio Beach Recognizes its duty to the community through the Be GREEN, Be Clean Enhanced Care Program.
Safe FacilitiesWe comply with government guidelines on sanitation standards for our resorts and transport vehicles.
Healthy CommunityWe ensure safety of our guests and staff with daily health checks. Onsite clinic and doctor are available 24/7.
Enhanced HousekeepingWe have increased frequency of sanitation in all high touch points
GREEN & Clean ExperienceWe practice safe and responsible travel with low-contact transactions, personalized dining and low-density activites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At Casa Kalaw, the safety and welfare of our guests and team members have always been our top priority. We take pride in providing boutique experiences with environmental sustainability at the core of our operations. Our passion for hospitality is seen through the high standards by which we maintain our resorts. However, during this time of global focus on the COVID-19 response, we want to take a moment and inform you on some of the additional safeguards we are taking to ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS
Q: Are your properties open?
A: Huni resort is now accepting bookings at a managed occupancy. We will only accommodate local residents based in Palawan until restrictions are eased. Know more about our special packages by emailing [email protected] or calling +63 917 570 8179. Casa Kalaw, Balai Adlao, and Hotel Covo will remain closed until further notice.
Q: Will there be any booking restrictions?
A: Guests of all ages will be accepted, however, those with pre-existing health risks or comorbidities will not be accommodated for the time being.
Q: If I decide to cancel my trip, what is your cancellation policy?
A: We strive to provide you with the best stay possible and understand that during these times, flexibility is important. Until further notice, below cancellation policy will apply for our resorts.
Cancellation fees are waived and complimentary rebooking within a year is offered to all current or new reservations made directly with the resort for stays through October 31, 2020. For reservations made via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies. For further questions or reservations assistance, please contact [email protected].
SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE JOURNEY
Q: What are Lio Estate Resorts’ procedures and policies related to COVID-19?
A: We are closely monitoring the situation and complying with the recommendations set forth by the Department of Health as well as the guidelines presented by the Department of Tourism for accommodation establishments. We have also enhanced our already stringent cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies including but not limited to:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks at all times.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for airport representatives and tour guides.
- Guest health check protocols including foot bath, misting, hand sanitizing and thermal scanning upon arrival.
- Cashless / contactless payment options at the resort (GCash, iPay88 Payment links etc).
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch points such as key cards, countertops, handrails, door handles, etc.
- Comprehensive cleaning and sanitation of guestrooms between stays by housekeeping team wearing proper PPEs.
- Additional signage throughout the resorts reminding guests and employees of healthy practices.
- Implementation of standard operating procedures for employees returning to work including isolation rooms for quarantine to ensure that they are in good health before interacting with guests.
Q: How do you ensure that other guests are COVID-19 free?
A: Upon reservation, we require guests to submit a travel and health declaration form that will reflect their travel history and current health condition. Before guests transfer to the resort, they first undergo a sanitation procedure that includes misting, hand sanitizing, foot bath, and temperature check.
Q: What are your standard operating procedures on handling guests that will show symptoms of COVID-19 at the resort?
A: Guests who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will go through a check-up with our resort doctor, the doctor’s observations will be confirmed with another resident doctor before the final status is announced. Non-suspect guests will be asked to rest and will be regularly monitored, while an individual confirmed to be a suspect guest will be asked to isolate in the designated Care Room and will stay there until the scheduled medical evacuation.
Q: How can you assure safety of guests in your resort?
A: As a low-density tourism estate, exposure of guests to other individuals who are not booked at any of our boutique resorts is very limited. Following the Department of Tourism guidelines of operating only at a managed occupancy allows us to observe safe physical distancing protocols in common areas. Our estate doctor is always available at your service, and the resorts are equipped with complete first aid response facilities.
LOW-CONTACT CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Q: What are your safety procedures upon arrival and departure?
A: For guests arriving via AirSWIFT Flights:
- Upon arrival at Lio Airport, guests are welcomed by the resort’s airport representatives wearing proper PPEs, and are guided to the resorts’ vehicles for transfer to the Care Lounge. Visual cues have been placed in the vehicles to ensure physical distancing.
- Upon arrival at the Care Lounge, guests are guided to the Care Station for foot bath, misting, hand sanitizing, and temperature check.
- All luggage will be disinfected, before they are loaded to the e-jeepney for transfer to the resort.
- Once the health check process is completed, guest will be assisted by the driver as they transfer to the resort and our Front Office Associate will assist the guest through a low-contact check-in process. Once done, they will be handed over their room key without any physical contact with the staff.
For guest departure:
- Guest folio will be provided to the guest the night before departure thru e-mail for review.
- On the day of departure, guest may settle their charges using cash or credit card. If credit card, guest shall dip their card personally in the terminal to facilitate the payment.
- The terminal is then sanitized and disinfected before use of the next guest.
- Guest will be asked to return the key card by placing it in a designated box / tray. It will then be sanitized using UV light before safekeeping.
Q: Will there be room sharing restrictions?
A: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, below are the allowable room sharing set-up:
- Single or twin occupancy is required for guests who are not members of the same household.
- Double or twin rooms may be allowed to accommodate a third person for children 12 years old & below and of the same household. Children ages 13 years old & above will not be allowed to stay in the same room.
- Family rooms without a separate bedroom but with more than 2 beds may accommodate maximum capacity provided that beds are of 1-m to 2-m distance from each other and if all guests are of the same household.
Q: What cleaning procedures do you do to ensure that the room I will stay in is sanitized and clean?
A: Our housekeeping team has been briefed and trained on proper cleaning procedures to prevent the spread of any viruses or infectious diseases. We clean our public facilities using industry-standard cleaning equipment and prescribed chemicals containing EPA-active ingredients. Housekeeping attendants conduct the cleaning of the rooms in full PPEs. The rooms are also left vacant for 24 hours after thorough cleaning before the next guest use.
Q: What measures do you observe to limit the possibility of virus transmission between guests?
A: To limit the chances of virus transmission, the following items will be removed from the room: Minibar, printed collaterals (including pen and paper), and Bible. Items such as instant coffee, tea, sugar, cream, and dental kit will be made available upon request.
Q: What housekeeping services will be available?
A: Please see below:
- Make-up room service: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, these will be temporarily discontinued to limit the exposure of the guestroom to non-occupants. Guestrooms will instead be provided with a bottle of disinfectant and cleaning cloth for surfaces. Fresh towels and linen will be made available upon request via in-room phone. The clean batch will be delivered by our dedicated housekeeping staff outside the guestroom on top of a chair next to the door.
- Sanitation kit will be provided upon request. The kit shall include the following:
- Disposable face mask
Q: Are all the outlets open at your property?
A: In view of an abundance of caution and to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Tourism, we have temporarily adjusted our offerings to eliminate communal experiences:
- HULI ALL-DAY DINING & KALAW CAFÉ: We have temporarily suspended breakfast buffet and have substituted this with pre-set single served breakfast boxes instead. A la carte orders for lunch and dinner will be served in pre-set boxes as well. In-room dining will be encouraged as all food and beverage outlets are closed until further notice.
- POOL: We have temporarily closed our pool.
PERSONALIZED DINING EXPERIENCE
Q: Can I still order from the a la carte menu of the All-Day Dining Restaurant?
A: Yes. You may still order from the a la carte menu for lunch and dinner however, these will be served in pre-set boxes with biodegradable utensils. Dine-in option has been temporarily suspended and all meals will be served in- room for now by our dedicated F&B staff.
Q: Do you offer in-room dining service?
A: Yes. All meals at the resort will be served in-room for now by our dedicated F&B staff to limit exposure to other guests.
Q: Do you still arrange private dinners?
A: Yes. We still offer private dinner arrangements while observing similar food and beverage enhanced care measures, for an additional fee.
PRIVATE AND LOW-DENSITY ACTIVITIES
Q: Can I still avail of island-hopping tour packages from third-party tour operators?
A: We have temporarily restricted allowing our guests from availing of services from third-party tour operators to limit their exposure to areas and facilities outside Lio Beach. With this, we will exclusively offer tours organized by El Nido Resorts for the time being. By doing this we can assure the same level of sanitation and hygiene in terms of equipment, boats, and manpower (guides, boat captain, etc.) Prices for Group Tours are as follows:
El Nido Highlights (Big Lagoon, Secret Lagoon, Snake Island)
Inclusions: Marine Sports Guide, Towels, Life Jackets, Water (in portable dispenser)
Price: Php 3,300 per person
El Nido Caves (Cathedral Cave, Pinasil Snorkeling, Cudgunon Cave, Small Lagoon)
Inclusions: Marine Sports Guide, Life Jackets, Water (in portable dispenser)
Price: Php 2,800 per person
Travel G.R.E.E.N (Cadlao Lagoon OR Dilumacad Island (weather-permitting), Natnat Beach, Quinawangan River Kayak Tour)
Inclusions: Marine Sports Guide, Life Jackets, Water (in portable dispenser)
Price: Php 1,800 per person
Q: Are we allowed to swim at Lio Beach?
A: Swimming at Lio Beach is allowed; however, minimum health standards and physical distancing measures shall be observed.
Q: What activities are available at Lio Beach?
A: Recreational Activities are temporarily suspended until further notice.
Q: Which stores/merchants are open in Lio Beach?
A: Lio Beach common areas, shops, facilities, and LIFT Gym will be closed until further notice except for Globy Travelling Chef (10:00 AM to 7:00 PM), Mercury Drug (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM), BPI and Euronet ATMs.
Q: Is town shuttle service available?
A: Shuttle service to and from Lio Beach and El Nido Resorts’ Central Office (El Nido Town) is also suspended.