Our Commitment to Enhanced Care
Lio Beach Recognizes its duty to the community through the Be GREEN, Be Clean Enhanced Care Program.
Safe FacilitiesWe comply with government guidelines on hygiene standards for our resorts and transport vehicles.
Healthy CommunityWe ensure safety of our guests and staff with daily health checks. Onsite clinic and doctor are available 24/7.
Enhanced HousekeepingWe have increased frequency of disinfection in all high touch points.
GREEN & Clean ExperienceWe practice safe and responsible travel with low-contact transactions, personalized dining and low-density activites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At Casa Kalaw, the safety and welfare of our guests and team members have always been our top priority. We take pride in providing boutique experiences with environmental sustainability at the core of our operations. Our passion for hospitality is seen through the high standards by which we maintain our resorts. However, during this time of global focus on the COVID-19 response, we want to take a moment and inform you on some of the additional safeguards we are taking to ensure the well-being of our guests and team members.
BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS
Q: Are your properties open?
A: Huni, Casa Kalaw, and Balai Adlao are now accepting bookings at a managed occupancy from Manila-based guests arriving via AirSWIFT. Balai Adlao is also open to accommodate bookings from local residents based in Palawan. Know more about our special packages by emailing [email protected] or calling +63 917 570 8179
Casa Kalaw and Balai Adlao are open daily whereas, Huni is currently servicing guests on select 4 days and 3 nights stay dates with chartered flights via AirSwift from NAIA Terminal 3 in Manila to El Nido v.v. only. Please inquire directly for more information.
Q: What are the necessary travel requirements?
A: Guests of all ages will be accepted, however, those with pre-existing health risks or comorbidities will not be accommodated for the time being (e.g, cancer, serious heart condition, chronic lung disease, and/or pregnancy). Those with hypertension, diabetes, and/or moderate to severe asthma may be accepted for as long as a medical clearance or fit to travel certificate is provided upon reservation. Furthermore, the Local Government of El Nido, Palawan requires all guests coming from outside the province to take a RT-PCR test not earlier than 48 hours prior scheduled departure from a Department of Health (DOH) accredited facility. On the other hand, local residents based in Palawan will be required to take a Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test upon arrival at the resort at their own expense before they are allowed to check-in. Only those with negative test results will be allowed access to check in at our resorts.
All guests must also acquire and accomplish a QR-coded Tourist ID within 48 hours prior to arrival in El Nido. Please visit https://guest.elnidotourism.ph/ and submit electronically the following:
Guests coming from outside Palawan
- Negative RT-PCR Swab test result
- Hotel Booking Confirmation
- Roundtrip Flight Ticket
- Government issued valid ID
- Travel Itinerary – can be provided by the resort
Guests coming from Palawan
- Hotel Booking Confirmation with remarks that guest will be antigen tested at the resort
- Vehicle and Driver Details
- Government issued valid ID BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS
- Travel Itinerary – can be provided by the resort
If submitted credentials are approved, guest will receive a copy of QT-ID through email. This will serve as their clearance at the LGU – Tourist One Stop Site (TOSS) and entry points of establishments.
Q: If I decide to cancel my trip, what is your cancellation policy?
A: We strive to provide you with the best stay possible and understand that during these times, flexibility is important. Until further notice, below cancellation policy will apply for our resorts.
Complimentary rebooking within a year is offered to all current or new reservations made directly with the resort. Guests may cancel without penalties up to 8 days prior for off-peak and 15 days prior check-in for peak dates respectively. A separate rebooking and cancellation policy may be provided for Lio Estate Resorts’ promo bookings. For further questions or reservations assistance, please contact [email protected].
For reservations made via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies.
SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE JOURNEY
Q: What are Lio Estate Resorts’ procedures and policies related to COVID-19?
A: We are closely monitoring the situation and complying with the recommendations set forth by the Department of Health as well as the guidelines presented by the Department of Tourism for accommodation establishments. We have also enhanced our already stringent cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies including but not limited to:
- Mandatory wearing of face masks at all times.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for airport representatives and tour guides.
- Guest health check protocols including foot bath, hand sanitizing and thermal scanning upon arrival.
- Cashless / contactless payment options at the resort (GCash, iPay88 Payment links etc).
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch points such as key cards, countertops, handrails, door handles, etc.
- Comprehensive cleaning and disinfection of guestrooms between stays by housekeeping team wearing proper PPEs.
- Additional signage throughout the resorts reminding guests and employees of healthy practices.
- Implementation of standard operating procedures for employees returning to work including isolation rooms for quarantine to ensure that they are in good health before interacting with guests.
Q: How do you ensure that other guests are COVID-19 free?
A: Upon reservation, we require guests to submit a travel and health declaration form that will reflect their travel history and current health condition. Furthermore, it is mandatory for those coming from outside Palawan to undergo RT-PCR test not earlier than 48 hours prior the scheduled flight from a Department of Health (DOH) accredited facility. On the other hand, local residents based in Palawan will be required to take a Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test upon arrival at the resort at their own expense before they are allowed to check-in. Only those with negative test results will be allowed access to check in at our resorts. For long-stay bookings (10 days and more), a SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE JOURNEY follow-up Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Test is required in the middle of their stay. Before guests take their land transfer to the resort, they first undergo a disinfection procedure that includes hand sanitizing, foot bath, and temperature check.
Q: What are your standard operating procedures on handling guests that will show symptoms of COVID-19 at the resort?
A: Guests who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will go through a check-up with our resort doctor, the doctor’s observations will be confirmed with another resident doctor before the final status is announced. Non-suspect guests will be asked to rest and will be regularly monitored, while an individual confirmed to be a suspect guest will be asked to isolate in the designated Care Room and will stay there until the scheduled medical evacuation.
Q: How can you assure safety of guests in your resort?
A: As a low-density tourism estate, exposure of guests to other individuals who are not booked at any of our boutique resorts is very limited. Following the Department of Tourism guidelines of operating only at a managed occupancy allows us to observe safe physical distancing protocols in common areas. Our estate doctor is always available at your service, and the resorts are equipped with complete first aid response facilities.
LOW-CONTACT CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
Q: What are your safety procedures upon arrival and departure?
A: For guests arriving via AirSWIFT Flights:
- Upon arrival at Lio Airport, guests are welcomed by the resort’s airport representatives wearing proper PPEs, and are guided to the resorts’ vehicles for transfer to the Care Lounge. Visual cues have been placed in the vehicles to ensure physical distancing.
- Upon arrival at the Care Lounge, guests are guided to the Care Station for foot bath, hand sanitizing, and temperature check.
- All luggage will be disinfected, before they are loaded to the e-jeepney for transfer to the resort.
- Once the health check process is completed, guest will be assisted by the driver as they transfer to the resort and our Front Office Associate will assist the guest through a low-contact check-in process. Once done, they will be handed over their room key without any physical contact with the staff.
For guest departure:
- Guest folio will be provided to the guest the night before departure thru e-mail for review.
- On the day of departure, guest may settle their charges using cash or credit card. If credit card, guest shall dip their card personally in the terminal to facilitate the payment.
- The terminal is then disinfected before use of the next guest.
- Guest will be asked to return the key card by placing it in a designated box / tray. It will then be disinfected using UV light before safekeeping.
Q: Will there be room sharing restrictions?
A: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, below are the allowable room sharing set-up:
- Twin room is required for guests who are not members of the same household.
- Double or twin rooms may accommodate maximum capacity provided that beds are of 1-m to 2-m distance from each other and if all guests are of the same household.
- Family rooms without a separate bedroom but with more than 2 beds may accommodate maximum capacity provided that beds are of 1-m to 2-m distance from each other and if all guests are of the same household.
Q: What cleaning procedures do you do to ensure that the room I will stay in is sanitized and clean?
A: Our housekeeping team has been briefed and trained on proper cleaning procedures to prevent the spread of any viruses or infectious diseases. We clean our public facilities using industry-standard cleaning equipment and prescribed chemicals containing EPA-active ingredients. Housekeeping attendants conduct the cleaning of the rooms in full PPEs. The rooms are also left vacant for 24 hours after thorough cleaning before the next guest use.
Q: What measures do you observe to limit the possibility of virus transmission between guests?
A: To limit the chances of virus transmission, the following items will be removed from the room: Minibar, printed collaterals (including pen and paper), and Bible. Items such as instant coffee, tea, sugar, cream, and dental kit will be made available upon request.
Q: What housekeeping services will be available?
A: Please see below:
- Make-up room service: In compliance with the Department of Tourism guidelines, these will be temporarily discontinued to limit the exposure of the guestroom to non-occupants. Guestrooms will instead be provided with a bottle of disinfectant and cleaning cloth for surfaces. Fresh towels and linen will be made available upon request via in-room phone. The clean batch will be delivered by our dedicated housekeeping staff outside the guestroom on top of a chair next to the door.
- Hygiene kit will be provided upon request. The kit shall include the following:
- Disposable face mask
- For long-stay bookings (10 days or more) particular to Balai Adlao, room cleaning services may be availed at an additional fee.
Q: Are all the outlets open at your property?
A: In view of an abundance of caution and to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Tourism, we have temporarily adjusted our offerings to eliminate communal experiences:
- HUNI ALL-DAY DINING, KALAW CAFÉ, BALAI ADLAO RESTAURANT: All food and beverage outlets are closed until further notice. However, Kalaw Café remains operational for take-out or room service for WORRY-FREE COMFORT
- Casa Kalaw and Balai Adlao guests, and they may use the QR code or in-room phone to place their a la carte orders. Guests may also dine-in and choose among the operational restaurants at Lio Beach for their lunch and dinner.
- POOL: Resort Pool exclusive to Huni and/or Casa Kalaw guests is available for use. Please see below guest guidelines:
- When lounging by the pool with other guests, wear your mask, wash your hands often, and practice cough etiquette.
- Do not get into the pool if:
- You are feeling sick or showing cough-like symptoms.
- You have an open cut or wound (especially from a surgery or piercing).
- Before getting in the water:
- Call the reception at least a day before, to book a slot.
- Shower. Advisable to rinse off for 1 minute to remove most of the dirt and other contaminants in the body.
- Once in the water, practice pool courtesy and make sure to visit the toilet before entering the pool.
- Keep an eye on children at all times.
- Sharing of goggles, nose clips, snorkels and towels is highly discouraged.
- Maximum capacity for pool use:
- Pool use slot must be limited to an hour with 30 minutes break in between for disinfection.
- Huni Lio: 10 guests maximum for families or guests traveling together, and 8 guests maximum if the group is a mix of guests not traveling together.
Casa Kalaw: 8 guests maximum for families or guests traveling together, and 5 guests maximum if the group is a mix of guests not traveling together.
PERSONALIZED DINING EXPERIENCE
Q: Can I still order from the a la carte menu of the resort restaurants?
A: A la carte dining at the resort restaurant/s is temporarily suspended. Huni Lio breakfast inclusive packages are catered by partner Lio Beach restaurants for the time being. Guests may exclusively dine-in at the designated restaurant/s between 6:30 am – 10:30 am for daily breakfast. On the other hand, Casa Kalaw and Balai Adlao packages inclusive of daily pre-set breakfast will be served in-room only. Kalaw Café remains operational for take- out or room service for Casa Kalaw and Balai Adlao guests, and they may use the QR code or in-room phone to place their a la carte orders.
For other meal schedules, select Lio Beach restaurants are open between 10:00am to 10:00pm.
Q: Do you offer in-room dining service?
A: In-room dining is available only at Casa Kalaw and Balai Adlao for the time being.
Q: Do you still arrange private dinners?
A: Private dinner arrangements are temporarily suspended.
PRIVATE AND LOW-DENSITY ACTIVITIES
Q: Can I still avail of inland and island-hopping tour packages from third-party tour operators?
A: We have temporarily restricted allowing guests from exiting Lio Beach premises and/or availing of services from third-party operators for inland tours (e.g El Nido Town, Nacpan Beach, etc.) and/or island-hopping excursions to limit exposure to areas and facilities outside our properties. With this, we will exclusively offer tours for Lio Beach guests, organized by our accredited tour operator for the time being. By doing this we can assure the same level of hygiene standards in terms of equipment, boats, and manpower (guides, boat captain, etc.) We also encourage guests to enjoy Lio Estate Resorts’ dedicated beach areas and activities instead. Additional costs may apply.
Q: Are we allowed to swim at Lio Beach?
A: Swimming at Lio Beach is allowed; however, minimum health standards and physical distancing measures shall be observed.
Q: Which stores/merchants are open in Lio Beach?
A: [email protected], LIFT Gym, Clock In co-working space, and common areas will remain closed until further notice, EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
[email protected] (updated as of: March 25, 2021)
- Manille Beach Bar (12:00 NN to 8:00 PM)
- Globy’s Travelling Chef (11:00 AM to 8:00 PM, available for Dine-in, Pick-up or Take-out)
- Mercury Drug (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
- ATM: BPI, RCBC, and Euronet
Q: Is town shuttle service available?
A: Shuttle service to and from Lio Beach and El Nido Resorts’ Central Office (El Nido Town) is also suspended.